Hunting Hat : What is it?
A hunting hat is a headgear worn when hunting to protect the eyes, neck, and head from the sun or rain. It is usually made of cotton, polyester, nylon, leather, and suede. A hunting hat also serves as part of a camouflage .
Kinds of Hunting Hats include the following:
- An outback hunting hat is a popular cowboy hat with a wide rim and a stiff lining.
- It is usually made of suede and leather.
- It can adequately block the sun.
- However, it can be uncomfortable to wear in hot weather.
- A boonie is a military hat with a wide rim.
- It is made of soft fabrics such as cotton, canvas, and polyester.
- It shields the eyes and hides the face for a good camouflage.
- A hunting cap is commonly used in fishing and hunting.
- It does not give adequate shade for the neck;however, some designs with neck flaps are available.
- A Russian hat is made of fur and wool.
- It is used in hunting in the winter.
- It has ear flaps for protecting the ears from the cold.
- A fishing cap is commonly used in fishing.
- It has a short brim all around it just enough to block off the sun.
|Waterproofing: Look for a hunting hat made with waterproof materials and a PVC coating for protection from the rain.|
Camouflage: When hunting in the forest, desert, or in the wilderness, choose a hunting hat with a camouflage print that allows you to blend with the environment. Make sure it matches the rest of your camouflage clothing.
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|
recommended hunting hats