Dog Treat : What is it?
Dog treats are special snacks given to dogs for their pleasure as well as the owners'. They are used as rewards when teaching dogs how to sit, stay, heel, or lie down. To be effective, dog treats have to be appetizing, making them salivate to make their obedience truly worth the reward. Dog treats also aid in cleaning the teeth and digestion. They can be formulated with medicines such as vaccines, antibiotics, vitamins for easy prevention for easy administration.
Kinds of Dog Treats include the following:
|Chewy dog treats |
- Chewy dog treats are ideal for puppies with great urges to chew to develop their jaws and bite.
- Rawhide is a popular example of chewy dog treats. Made from the inner layer of cowhide, it has dental care benefits.
- It comes in different densities, hardness, and chewing time.
Crunchy dog treats
- Crunchy dog treats are dry food that helps keep dogs' teeth clean.
- They come in bite-size pieces.
- They can fit inside pockets for easy access during training.
- Dog cookies, biscuits, and animal bones are some examples.
Homemade and natural dog treats
- Homemade and natural dog treats are made from all-natural or organic ingredients.
- They can be made at home, such as sliced steak or rice balls, or bought from pet stores.
|Health: Look for healthy dog treats fortified with vitamins and minerals. Avoid those that are high in fat because they can cause obesity and pancreatic problems.|
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|
recommended dog treats