Dog Food : What is it?
Dog food is a combination of plant and animal product intended for dog consumption. It contains ingredients that cannot be consumed by humans such as meat by-products, grain by-products, and meat-and-bone preparations, but it is made to be tasty and nutritious to dogs. It is generally sold at grocery stores, pet shops, and veterinary clinics.
Kinds of Dog Foods include the following:
Dry dog food
- Dry dog food is crunchy.
- It is easy to prepare and store because of its lack of moisture content.
- It has an excellent measure of nutrition per pound.
- It also helps clean the teeth.
- It stays fresh longer.
- It is the most preferred dog food by most dog owners.
Soft and moist dog food
- Soft and moist dog food is juicy, nutritious, and tasty.
- It does not scrape the teeth.
- It has a higher palatability than dry dog food.
- It is more expensive as well.
Canned dog food
- Canned dog food is processed and packed in cans.
- It has the highest palatability among all types of dog food.
- It has a high water content but contain less nutrition.
- Unused canned dog food can only be kept for three days in the refrigerator.
Grocery store dog food
- This type of dog food is sold in grocery stores and markets.
- It is prepared with low quality and inexpensive ingredients.
- It does not provide enough nutrition.
Premium dog food
- Premium dog food is sold in pet shops and veterinary clinics.
- It is prepared with high-grade ingredients, but it still contains artificial flavors, artificial colors, and chemical preservatives.
- It is more expensive than grocery store dog food.
Healthy dog food
- Healthy dog food is the most nutritious among all types of dog food.
- It also has the highest quality.
- It contains healthy, nutrient-rich ingredients without preservatives or artificial flavors.
- It can only be purchased directly from the manufacturer.
|Flavor: Choose dog food that your dog enjoys. Try different types of dog food to know the one your dog prefers.|
Nutritional adequacy statement: Before purchasing a particular brand of dog food, look for its nutritional adequacy statement first to see if it can provide a balanced and complete nutrition for your dog. Make sure it is also ideal for the age of your dog, as stated in the label.
recommended dog foods