Cat Wormer : What is it?
A cat wormer (or dewormer) is a medication for cats infected with worms. It expels parasites such as roundworms, hookworms, tapeworms, and pinworms. They usually contain piperazine, compounds used for treating roundworm or pinworm infestation. Weight loss, diarrhea, vomiting, unable to relieve feces, and irritation in the anus are some of the symptoms of worm infestation. Many cats do not show symptoms, however, so a regular checkup is necessary.
Kinds of Cat Wormers include the following:
|Liquid cat wormer|
- A liquid cat wormer can be easily mixed with cat food, making it easy to administer.
- It is ideal for kittens and older cats.
- It can be also be administered using a syringe.
Treat cat wormer
- A cat wormer in the form of cat treats are flavored with tuna, salmon, chicken, or beef.
- It is ideal for kittens and adult cats.
Tablet cat wormer
- A tablet cat wormer is administered directly to the cat's mouth after feeding.
- It can also be ground and added to cat food.
|Recommendation: Only choose a cat wormer recommended by your cat's veterinarian. Do not diagnose your cat on your own. Once symptoms show, consult your veterinarian immediately. |
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|
recommended cat wormers