Cat Treat : What is it?
Cat treats are cat snacks given to cats as a reward for good behavior, proper litter training, going to the vet, or for just being a wonderful pet. Because they are “treats,” they are not really necessary for the cats' nutrition. They are available in different forms and flavors.
Kinds of Cat Treats include the following:
|Crunchy cat treats|
- Crunchy cat treats are in the form of biscuits, flakes, and crackers.
- They are usually available in tuna and bonito flavors.
- Some crunchy cat treats can help keep teeth clean.
Soft and chewy cat treats
- Soft and chewy cat treats are long-standing cat favorites.
- They usually come in the form of baked cat food in beef, lamb, rice, or chicken flavor.
Natural cat treats
- Natural treats can be prepared at home.
- They come in the form of freeze-dried shrimp, salmon, or catnip.
|Healthy snacks: To keep your cats healthy, choose cat treats with low to moderate calories and quality ingredients. |
Approval: Choose cat treats approved by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO). It should have a label stating "Formulated to meet the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profile for Kittens/Adults/Senior.”
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|
recommended cat treats