Cat Litter Mat : What is it?
A cat litter mat is a hygienic pad used together with a litter box. It is used by cats to wipe off litter from under their paws, as they feel uncomfortable when their paws are dirty, so they tend to look for objects where they can wipe off the dirt. A cat litter mat is placed under a cat litter box where it occupies a greater space than the box.
Kinds of Cat Litter Mats include the following:
|Fiber cat litter mat|
- A fiber cat litter mat is made from a fibrous material such as natural fibers of polyethylene.
- It is effective in trapping dirt from cats' paws.
- It is soft and comfortable, making it useful also as a sleeping mat.
- It can also be placed under a cat dish to prevent food and from spilling on to the floor.
Rubber cat litter mat
- A rubber cat litter mat is made from high impact plastic.
- It is stain resistant, easy to clean, and more resistant to wear and tear than a fiber mat.
- It is made with tracks on the surface to make picking up dirt and litter easy.
|Size: Choose a large cat litter mat that allows at least a one foot border along the sides of a cat litter box when placed over it to catch your cat's paws from any direction it comes out. |
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|
recommended cat litter mats