Steam Cleaner : What is it?
Steam cleaners are cleaning devices designed to thoroughly clean surfaces at home. They help effectively remove allergens, mold, fungus, and bacteria in the house that are often overlooked by standard vacuum cleaners, reducing the allergies and irritations among household members. They are commonly used with carpets, bed sheets, and sofas, but can also be utilized in other surfaces including wood, tile, stone, and fiberglass.
Steam cleaners typically make use of heated water to create steam that works well with carpet fibers and other fabrics, loosening dirt and grime. While dry steam is already useful in killing germs and bacteria in particular surfaces, some models still require the use of other chemical-based cleaning solutions for a more effective result.
Kinds of Steam Cleaners include the following:
|Traditional steam cleaners|
- Traditional steam cleaners make use of of high heat or boiling water to clean a particular surface. Because of this, the surface they clean requires a couple of hours to dry out.
- They typically feature a boiler, a container, a hose, and several brushes.
- They are effective in eliminating stains, dirt, mold, and parasites.
- However, they are quite inconvenient to use because of the long drying time.
- Most models make use of use chemical-based cleaning solutions for added effectiveness.
Vapor steam cleaners
- Vapor steam cleaners also make use of water in cleaning a particular surface. However, it heats the water very effectively to create a true steam cleaning agent.
- The water is boiled in a tank and is often brought to a temperature higher than 260 degrees Celsius to produce dry steam.
- They typically feature a heater, a nozzle, and a hose.
- They do not require other chemical-based cleaning solutions.
- The surface they clean typically dries after 15 minutes only.
|Brush: Make sure that your steam cleaner comes with one or several brushes, especially if you have a number of carpets to clean. Brushes will help you clean your home surfaces more quickly and easily, without so much effort.|
Capacity: If you intend to clean large rooms or floor areas, go for a steam cleaner with a high capacity, so you do not need to refill the tank with water and heat it over and over again.
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|
recommended steam cleaners