Sandwich Grill : What is it?
Sandwich grills are used for toasting and grilling sandwiches. They consist of a metal wire or mesh tray placed over a heat source, and a heated press that folds over the tray. This ensures that the sandwich is grilled evenly on both sides. Most models hold one to two sandwiches; larger units provide space in between for grilling side items like meat and vegetables.
Kinds of Sandwich Grills include the following:
|Stovetop sandwich grills|
- Stovetop sandwich grills are heated using the burners on stovetop ranges.
- They consist of a cast iron skillet and a lid that presses down on the sandwich.
- They are available in 10- to 12-inch units, which can hold two sandwiches or one sandwich and a side dish.
Fireside sandwich grills
- Fireside sandwich grills are designed for direct heating over hearths or campfires.
- They usually have long insulated handles to maintain a safe distance between the user and the fire.
- They offer limited temperature control and take longer to heat up.
Electric sandwich grills
- Electric sandwich grills are powered from the mains socket and use heating coils to heat the plates.
- They are usually compact and portable, but they only hold standard bread slices.
- Some models can seal the slices together to keep the contents from spilling.
Electric panini grills
- Electric panini grills look like electric sandwich grills, except for a larger floating lid for holding thicker breads like panini, ciabatta, and focaccia.
- They can also be used to grill meat, vegetables, and side dishes.
- They are generally more expensive than electric sandwich grills, but they are more versatile.
|Grill surface: Choose a sandwich grill with a nonstick grilling surface for easier cleaning and maintenance. If you want to grill meat and fatty foods, look for a slanted tray so that the grease can drain off.|
Controls: Choose a sandwich grill with preset times for light, medium, and dark toasts. Look for one with automatic timers to prevent burning.
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|
recommended sandwich grills