Pizza Oven : What is it?
Pizza ovens are used for baking pizza dough and heating cooked pizza. They cook with dry heat just like regular ovens, but they are specially shaped to fit wide, flat doughs. They usually have pull-out racks or trays and can hold one to four pizzas. Most models have timers and temperature controls that can be set to bake and reheat cycles.
Kinds of Pizza Ovens include the following:
|Electric pizza ovens|
- Electric pizza ovens have radiant coils that heat up the air inside the oven.
- They usually come in compact countertop models.
- They are available with aluminum, stainless steel, or ceramic baking surfaces.
Gas pizza ovens
- Gas pizza ovens use natural or propane gas to produce heat.
- They usually have large capacities and are designed for commercial use.
- They produce more heat and cook faster than electric ovens
|Baking deck: Choose a pizza oven with a stone or ceramic baking deck for a more authentic taste. Stone surfaces absorb moisture from the dough and reduce the pizza's fat content. They also retain heat longer than metal, so you can keep the pizza warm while the oven is turned off.|
Controls: Choose a pizza oven that offers bake, toast, and keep warm options. Look for one that lets you set temperature and cooking time for different recipes. Make sure there are indicator lights and sounds that alert you when the pizza is done.
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|
recommended pizza ovens