Deep Fryer : What is it?
Deep fryers cook food by submerging them in hot oil or fat. They usually consist of a deep cooking vessel and a removable grill or mesh container. The food is placed in the grill and immersed into the heated oil. The fryer may also be covered with a lid during cooking, like some turkey fryers. Deep fryers are available as standalone units or combined with cooking ranges.
Kinds of Deep Fryers include the following:
|Electric deep fryers |
- Electric deep fryers plug into AC sockets and use electricity to generate heat.
- They heat the oil directly by submerging the heating elements in the liquid.
- They usually require frequent filtering to remove residues and prevent blockage.
Gas deep fryers
- Gas deep fryers are powered by liquefied petroleum (LPG) or natural gas.
- They have burners located outside the pot or running through the oil.
- This prevents the flavor from dissolving into the oil and reduces excessive browning.
|Capacity: Choose a deep fryer with a large fry pot is you regularly cook large amounts. For occasional or personal use, consider a mini deep fryer. These fryers hold about three cups of oil and require less maintenance.|
Material: Choose an aluminum fryer for small, fast-cooking items like fries and chips. Aluminum heats up and cools down quickly, which prevents overcooking. For meats and large cuts, a stainless steel or copper model will work best because they retain heat better.
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|
recommended deep fryers