Body Fat Caliper : What is it?
A body fat caliper is a handheld device used for measuring body fat through the skin folds of certain parts of the body including the waist, hips, thighs, and arms. It is made up of a caliper, a handle, and a display system showing the body fat reading. It is commonly used in hospitals, health clinics, gyms, and fitness centers.
Kinds of Body Fat Calipers include the following:
|Manual body fat caliper|
- A manual body fat caliper has a dial gauge similar to a car's speedometer.
- It has a needle that points to the body fat calculation.
- It is easy to use.
- It provides an accuracy of + or – one millimeter.
- It usually has a scale of up to 60 millimeters.
- It is commonly made of aluminum.
- It has an ergonomically-designed handle that ensures a secure and comfortable grip.
Digital body fat caliper
- A digital body fat caliper uses advanced technology it measure the thickness of the skin fold.
- It produces accurate results.
- It has a digital screen where the readings are shown.
- They are more compact and stylish, making them more expensive than the manual body caliper.
- It is commonly used by personal trainers and health care professionals.
- It is easy to use and read.
|Handle: Choose a body fat caliper with an ergonomically-designed handle to get a secure and comfortable grip.|
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|
recommended body fat calipers