Back Brace : What is it?
Back braces are orthopedic back support devices worn around the waist and back. They are made of nylon and elastic materials that mold around the waist.
Back braces provide stability and support to those with sports-related back injuries or those caused by accidents. They can be prescribed for therapeutic and post-operative purposes.
Kinds of Back Braces include the following:
|Lumbosacral back braces|
- Lumbosacral back braces are made of latex-free elastic materials.
- They provide support to the sacral area.
- They are made with adjustable side pulls for easy fitting.
- They are approximately 8.5 inches wide at the back and 6 inches wide in front.
- They are available in one-size-fits-all.
Industrial back braces
- Industrial back braces are made of durable nylon and slip-resistant rubber.
- They are worn by those who work in the construction or utility industry to provide support to their lower backs.
- They are made with shoulder straps crossing at the back like suspenders.
- They can fit waistlines between 28 inches to more than 43 inches.
Corset back braces
- Corset back braces support the lower back.
- They are made of lightweight mesh that secures around the waist by Velcro strips.
- They contour to the body’s shape for maximum comfort.
- They are thin enough to be worn underneath the clothes.
- They can fit 25- to 45-inch waistlines.
|Thermal pads: Choose a back brace with detachable thermal pads that help warm the back by reflecting body heat to the affected area. These pads are usually coated in silver to provide a smooth, reflective finish.|
Hot and cold support: Choose a back brace with removable hot or cold packs that you can heat or freeze to provide the desired hot or cold back therapy.
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|
recommended back braces