Evening Bag : What is it?
Evening bags are great for cocktail parties, weddings, balls, and proms. Usually made of delicate textiles such as felt, satin, silk, leather, crepe, and fawn, they come with fancy embellishments like crystals, beads, and precious stones. Evening bags are usually very compact -- just enough to accommodate small items like lipsticks, compacts, bills and loose change, credit cards, and keys.
Kinds of Evening Bags include the following:
Poof evening bags
- Poof evening bags are usually made from metallic textiles like soft polyester.
- Their shoulder straps are short and thick.They look less formal and should only be used in parties, not formal events.
Flap evening bags
- Flap evening bags can come with half, three-fourths, or full flaps that serve as covers/enclosures.
- Some models can be embellished with beadwork, mirrors, or brooches.
Clutch evening bags
- Clutch evening bags are hand carried as they do not have shoulder strap.
- They can be made of different textiles and embellished with beads or crystals.
- They work great for formal events.
|Length: Choose an evening bag with a long strap for dancing or clubbing, so you can fling it over your shoulder while dancing. For cocktail parties, choose a clutch evening bag or one with a short shoulder strap.|
Size: Look for an evening bag not larger than 8 x 8 inches. This size can already store a compact, a lipstick, credit cards, loose change, and keys. Anything bigger may look too bulky for formal occasions or parties.
Shape: Choose an evening bag in the traditional rectangular or round shape for formal functions. For fun evening parties, look for a bag with an unusual shape. Poof bags are acceptable.
|Are you a manufacturer or supplier? Be listed here! EMAIL US|
|Do you have something to add to this guide? If your suggestion passes our editorial standards, we will add it in and acknowledge you as a contributor.|
recommended evening bags